BRYAN, Texas -- On June 5 the City of Bryan will host an open house where residents can visit with inspectors, plans examiners, and the building official about proposed changes to the building and electrical code.
There's a public hearing on Tuesday, and this is a chance for the public to talk to staff before the hearing where the proposed amendments will be considered.
The city is required to have updated, current codes which makes structures and cities safer, plus they can lower insurance rates for residents and business owners.
- WHAT: Open House - Proposed Building and Electrical Code Updates
- WHEN: Monday, June 5th - 4 PM to 5 PM
- WHERE: City of Bryan Municipal Office Building - 300 S. Texas Avenue - Council Chambers
- WHAT: Public Hearing - Proposed Building and Electrical Code Updates
- WHEN: Tuesday, June 6th - 6 PM
- WHERE: City of Bryan Municipal Office Building - 300 S. Texas Avenue - Basement Training Room
The following code amendments will be a topic of discussion at the open house on Monday, June 5th. These will then be reviewed and voted on by the Board of Adjustments and Appeals on Tuesday, June 6th:
- 2015 International Mechanical Code
- 2015 International Plumbing Code
- 2015 International Existing Building Code
- 2015 International Energy Conservation Code
- 2015 International Fuel Gas Code
The code amendments noted below will be a topic of discussion at a separate open house with a public hearing at a future Board of Adjustments and Appeals meeting:
- 2015 International Fire Code (IFC) Proposed Amendments
- 2015 International Building Code (IBC) Proposed Amendments
- 2015 International Residential Code (IRC) Proposed Amendments
- 2014 National Electrical Code (NEC) Proposed Amendments