GREENVILLE, S.C.- Curtyce Knox set the SEC Single-Season assist record, but Texas A&M fell 66-50 to 2-seed Mississippi State in the semifinal of the 2017 SEC Women’s Basketball Tournament.
Knox had three assists in the game, passing Martha Monk of Auburn (294 assists, 1980-81) for the top spot. Knox, who has already set the Texas A&M single-season record, has 295 assists on the season.
The Aggies (21-11) were led by Danni Williams, who had 13 points. Anriel Howard added 12, and Knox scored 10.
Mississippi State (29-3) led 34-20 at the break. Dominique Dillingham led the Bulldogs with 14 points.
The Aggies are 7-4 in the SEC Tournament all-time and 19-7 in conference tournaments since 2008.
Texas A&M awaits its seeding in the NCAA Tournament. The Selection Show is 6 p.m. CT on ESPN on Monday, March 13.
· Curtyce Knox set the SEC Single-Season assist record, passing Martha Monk of Auburn (294 assists, 1980-81)
· The Aggies are 21-11 this season, while Mississippi State improves to 29-3
· The Aggies are 4-4 against ranked opponents this season, and 4-2 against ranked opponents away-from-home.
· Texas A&M is 7-4 in the SEC Tournament and 19-7 in all conference tournaments since 2008
· Knox scored in double figures for the 15th time this season
· Danni Williams scored in double figures for the 29th time this season and in all three games in the SEC Tournament.
· Anriel Howard had 10+ points for the 18th time this season.
· Texas A&M head coach Gary Blair is 329-140 in 14 seasons at Texas A&M and 738-303 in his Hall of Fame career. He is 13th all-time in career wins.