BRYAN, Texas - There's Dasher, Dancer, Prancer and Vixen, but who’s Santa’s busiest helper of them all? If you guessed shipping services, then you’re right.
“During the hectic holiday season shipping services are working around the clock. From boxing to labeling, and all to ensure packages are delivered intact and on time
“There’s going to be about 750 million packages delivered during the holiday season, which accounts for about 35 million packages per a day during the busy season. Of course, we’re just doing our small part, said Bryan UPS store owner Steve Sullivan.
A small part, yet still a big number. Sullivan’s store intake nearly triples during the holiday season receiving about 200 packages daily.
And with holiday shopping in full swing online and in store, it’s always best to ship out early to ensure your package will arrive on time.
“By the 18th. Most places especially in the United States will get there by then [Christmas], but if you’re going out of the states I would say no later than the end of the week to get your packages there on time,” said Sullivan.
Additional courier deadlines:
- Dec. 15 – Free shipping
- Dec. 18 – Standard shipping, free for Amazon Prime members
- Dec. 22 – Two-day shipping, free for Amazon Prime members
- Dec. 23 – One-day shipping, available in select cities and free for Prime members
- Dec. 24 – Same-day delivery, available in select cities and free for Prime members
- Dec. 24 – Two-hour delivery, available in select cities and free for Prime members via Prime Now
For more details visit Amazon’s customer page.
- Dec. 11 - Last day to send via FedEx SmartPost
- Dec. 15 - Last day to send via FedEx Ground
- Dec. 18 - Last day to send via FedEx Home Delivery
- Dec. 19 - Last day to send via FedEx Express Saver
- Dec. 20 - Last day to send via FedEx 2Day and FedEx 2Day A.M.
- Dec. 21 - Last day to send via FedEx Standard Overnight, Priority Overnight and First Overnight.
For more details visit FedEx's website.
U.S. Postal Service
- Dec. 14 – Last day to send packages via Retail Ground
- Dec. 19 – Last day to send packages via First-Class Mail
- Dec. 20 – Last day to send packages via Priority Mail
- Dec. 22 – Last day to send packages via Priority Mail Express Service
For more details visit USPS's website.
- Dec. 18 – Last day for UPS 3 Day Select
- Dec. 20 – Last day for UPS 2nd Day Air (excludes Saturday delivery)
- Dec. 21 – Last day for UPS 2nd Day Air (if Saturday delivery is available; Saturday delivery isn't available in all ZIP codes)
- Dec. 22 – Last day for UPS Next Day Air (with Saturday delivery)
- Dec. 24 – Last day for UPS Express Critical
- Dec. 25 – Last day for UPS Express Critical
For more details visit UPS's website.
© 2018 KAGS-TV