CORPUS CHRISTI, Texas — Corpus Christi police have made an arrest in connection with the Labor Day morning shooting that put one person in the hospital.
It happened around 5 a.m. Monday in the 3000 block of Agnes Street, according to the Corpus Christi Police Department. Police were called to the scene after hearing reports of a shooting in the area. When they arrived they found one person who had been shot and rushed them to the hospital.
Police confirmed to 3NEWS Tuesday that a suspect had been identified and arrested. He was identified as 32-year-old Eligio Mendez and was charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon and unlawful possession of a firearm by a felon.
If you have any information about this crime, call Crime Stoppers at 888-TIPS (8477) or to remain anonymous, submit the tip online by clicking here.
More from 3News on KIIITV.com:
- Parent arrested after 4-year-old found with loaded handgun at JFK Elementary
- Woman with ties to Corpus Christi thought to be missing was actually evading arrest, tracked to South America
- 'Irreplaceable leader': Corpus Christi teen died of heat stroke playing football
- Trade Center navigating solutions to reopen after electrical issues
- Beto O'Rourke missed South Texas events due to bacterial infection, he says
Want to send us a news tip?
Put your name and contact information below so we can get in touch with you about your story should we have questions or need more information. We realize some stories are sensitive in nature. Let us know if you'd like to remain anonymous.
If you do not have a photo/video to submit, just click "OK" to skip that prompt.