TUESDAY (4/26/2016) - The administrative hearing that will eventually decide whether or not Kristen Lindsey will be able to continue working as a veterinarian continued on Tuesday.

On day one of the hearing, Lindsey took the stand and explained what had happened when she shot a cat with an arrow.

Lindsey stated that she thought the cat was feral, and said that it had a foul odor and fleas. She said that she would not have killed the cat if she thought that it belonged to someone.

Earlier in the hearing on day one, Claire and William Johnson were questioned. They claim that they are the owners of a cat named "Tiger," and they believe their cat is the same cat that Lindsey killed.

Both Lindsey's attorney and the attorneys for the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners spent most of the day trying to prove whether the cat was feral or owned by the Johnson's.

At one point in the hearing, Lindsey was asked if she thought a bow and arrow was an appropriate way to kill a cat?

"I believe it was efficient, but appropriate...no," Lindsey said.

Lindsey added later that she had received death threats after the incident. When asked by her attorney if she would she ever shoot a feral cat again, she answered "No, God no."

The hearing is expected to last three days. Follow KAGS News Reporter Tashara Parker on twitter for the latest updates from Austin.

AUSTIN, Texas - The veterinarian that made headlines after killing a cat with an arrow and bragging about it on Facebook is trying to keep her veterinary license.

Kristen Lindsey and the Texas Board of Veterinary Medical Examiners are in Austin for an administrative hearing that is expected to last three days.

The Board's Enhancement Committee recommended that Lindsey's license be revoked, but right now she is still able to actively practice as a vet.

Lindsey will have a chance to provide her account of what happened and why she should be able to keep her license during that hearing in Austin.

In April 2015, Lindsey posted the picture to Facebook holding a cat that had been shot through the head by an arrow, but an Austin County Grand Jury did not have enough evidence to charge her with a crime.

Lindsey was scheduled to appear on March 8th in front of an administrative law judge in the Texas State Office of Administrative Hearings (SOAH) to appeal her suspension, but instead the two sides tried to reach an agreement in mediation.

An agreement was not made when the two went to mediation which has led to this week's hearing in Austin.

KAGS anchor Tashara Parker is in Austin, and she will provide updates throughout the hearing. You can follow her on twitter and Facebook for updates as well.