Here are the big takeaways from this change:
- Days of our Lives is not being canceled
- Days of our Lives is already currently streaming the next day on Peacock and will be exclusively on Peacock beginning Monday
- Peacock will be the one place where Days fans can access new episodes, past episodes and Days of our Lives: Beyond Salem
- Peacock is available to view on any internet-enabled device including tablets, laptops, desktop computers and Smart TVs that are OTT compatible
- Days of our Lives fans will need to pay money for the premium Peacock service to access episodes. However, Peacock will have a special offer through the month of September. New Peacock Premium customers will be able to sign up for just $1.99 per month or $19.99 for one year. That’s compared with the regular Peacock Premium pricing of $4.99/month (with ads) or $9.99/month (no ads)
NBC said this move to streaming was "more reflective of how most people currently watch Days of our Lives."
Replacing Days of our Lives' timeslot on-air will be NBC News Daily.
NBC News Daily will be a first-of-its-kind, midday news program reporting on live breaking news and up-to-the-minute national, local and international news. NBC News Daily will have a signature, world-class reporting with award-winning journalists including Kate Snow, Morgan Radford, Vicky Nguyen and Aaron Gilcrest.
For those who wish to look through a help site when they download Peacock, NBC has created one, or there's a live chat function if you click the yellow "Chat Button" in the bottom right corner. If you're experiencing sign-in issues, there's an FAQ here. If you're curious if your devices at home will support Peacock, here's a handy list to reference.
This station is an NBC affiliate. NBC is a subsidiary of Comcast. The station is owned and operated by TEGNA.