COLLEGE STATION, Texas — The Texas A&M men's tennis team earned All-Academic Team honors while Guido Marson and Kenner Taylor were named ITA Scholar Athletes by the Intercollegiate Tennis Association, announced Monday afternoon.
Texas A&M was one of 13 SEC teams and 12 schools in the state of Texas to earn honors as a team. Marson, a sophomore from Pordenone, Italy, and Taylor, a freshman from Houston, were among 56 SEC student-athletes that were honored by the ITA.
Visit 12thMan.com for more information on Texas A&M men's tennis. Aggie fans also can keep up to date with the A&M men's tennis team on Twitter by following @AggieMTEN or on Facebook at Facebook.com/AggieMensTennis.
ITA Scholar-Athlete & All-Academic Team Qualifications
To be named an ITA Scholar-Athlete, one must meet the following requirements:
· have a grade point average of at least 3.5 (on a 4.00 scale) for the current academic year
· be listed on the institutional eligibility form
To be named an ITA All-Academic Team, programs must meet the following requirements:
· have a team grade point average of 3.2 or above (on a 4.00 scale),
· all student-athletes included should be listed on the institutional eligibility form, and
· all varsity letter winners should be factored into the cumulative team GPA for the current academic year